Looking for a fun and tasty way to get in some brain healthy foods at breakfast time? Check out this quick and easy Smoothie Bowl recipe from our Community Neuroscience Services doctors and staff!
Brain-Healthy Benefits: This smoothie bowl is packed with brain-healthy ingredients. Berries are rich in antioxidants, which help protect brain cells from damage. Spinach provides essential nutrients like folate and iron that support cognitive function. Greek yogurt offers protein and probiotics, which contribute to a healthy gut-brain connection. Adding chia seeds and granola provides omega-3 fatty acids and fiber, respectively, for additional brain-boosting benefits.
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- Sliced fruits, chia seeds, and granola for topping
- In a blender, combine the frozen mixed berries, fresh spinach, Greek yogurt, and almond milk.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, adding more liquid if needed.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Top the smoothie with sliced fruits, a sprinkle of chia seeds, and a handful of granola.